Digital marketing is basically a collection of online tasks, which are performed to promote the products and services of a company on the Internet. It is also known by various other terms, such as Internet marketing, web marketing, online marketing, search marketing and e-marketing. Digital marketing also includes marketing activities that are conducted though email, and wireless devices such as smartphones and tablets. It also includes electronic customer relationship management (ECRM) and digital customer data. Digital marketing is most effective when it is used in combination with SEO, SMO and Web 2.0 tactics.
They are different types of digital marketing. Some of them are mentioned below:
• B2C: This includes e-commerce websites, through which companies sell products/services directly to customers.
• B2B: Such online websites involve transactions from one business to another.
• C2C: These websites allow customers to sell to customers. One good example is eBay.
• Lead based websites: Such a digital marketing strategy enables a company to generate value from the online world, by collecting leads for their business. Such leads are referred to organic leads, and they are similar to the role played by walk-in customers in retail stores.
• Affiliate marketing: In this model of digital marketing, an active seller markets the products/services of a manufacturer/service provider, and receives a share of the profits for every sale generated.
• Local marketing: This form of marketing is usually adopted by small and medium sized businesses, to seek out new customers who will improve profits. Some of the common digital marketing strategies used in this model are social media marketing, local directory listings and social-deal websites.
Digital marketing experts use different approaches to achieve their goals, some of which are geo-targeting, niche tactics and one-to-one approaches. One of the biggest benefits of online marketing is that marketers have a wide variety of channels at their disposal. This means that they can easily formulate a strategy based in individual circumstances, and company requirements. Some online marketing channels usually used in marketing mixes are blogs, articles, press releases, pay-per-click, white papers, SEO, SMO, link building, social deals and directory submissions.
Online marketing also helps companies reach billions of Internet users all over the globe. If we take the laws of probability into account, this global reach is expected to strongly increase a company’s chances of a higher return on investment. Moreover, digital marketing is much cheaper than traditional marketing.
Qudos Digital is a leading digital marketing agency, and can be contacted on 0845 388 5583 or email@example.com.