Digital marketing experts usually spend a lot of time trying to get good results for their clients. However, sometimes they may trip over small things. This may delay the launch of their campaign or result in their campaign not performing as optimally as expected.
Below are some common digital marketing mistakes which online marketers should watch out for:
- Ignoring offline marketing efforts: It is important to integrate digital marketing campaigns with traditional marketing. Divisions between internal departments and agencies should be removed, and a common digital marketing goal should be created for all parties. Individuals working solely on online marketing should share and request for information from other departments, so that they can build a cohesive marketing campaign.
- Create branding guidelines for online efforts: Companies that do not spend time creating a style guide for their digital marketing efforts, risk creating a different image of their company online than they have offline. As the company website is often the first touchpoint of a customer, it is vital to have consistent branding (logo, colours, fonts) both online and offline.
- Importance of testing: Digital marketing professionals should constantly experiment with new online ad creatives, promotions, slogans etc, in different seasons, to get the best out of their digital marketing efforts. If they are not allowed to create new elements or modify their marketing strategy, according to environmental changes, their campaign may not work as well as it possibly could.
- Viewing social media differently: Some marketers find it hard to understand just how important social media is to marketing, with regard to keeping customers engaged and increasing brand awareness. It is crucial for such digital marketing professionals to study case-studies of companies that have used social media to make their business more profitable, and update their knowledge.
- Late announcements on social networks: Marketers should consider building buzz about a new launch or special offer, way before it is actually announced, as prospective customers need to make plans before making a purchase. For example, instead of saying ‘Product X is available now’, it is much more useful to say that ‘Product X is coming soon’, or ‘Product X is coming next week’.
- Allow website analytics: Site statistics give useful insights into the performance of one’s digital marketing strategy, enabling one to decide what needs to be changed, accordingly.
Qudos Digital is a leading digital marketing consultancy, and can be contacted on 0845 388 5583 or email@example.com.